Saturday, August 9, 2008

Lace

Just a little more tacking down of the band and my sweater is done. In the meanwhile. . .

I've decided to attempt my first lace shawl as my Olympics project. I am making Hanami in a dark dark blue. And I even used the beads.


I didn't think I was the beading type, but I've got to say, it was fun, and I like the way the beads look. Here's how far I got during the opening ceremony. (Notice the lifeline--I'm sure I will be needing it).

I'm hoping the rain stays away a bit this weekend. Things have been very wet around here.

2 comments:

Orinda5 said...

Oh! I love that pattern!
It will look so lovely in that color!

Nice stitch marker. ;)

Unknown said...

You are a brave woman. I could never have chosen lace for a project with a deadline. I think it will look beautiful -- love the pattern.