Friday, August 15, 2008

Interview with J

While J was cleaning up after dinner, I got a chance to interview him.


Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?
J: That it makes you happy doing it.


Me: What is the best thing about me having a knitting hobby?
J: That you found something that is fun, and it doesn't involve alcohol.


Me: Name something I've knit that you really like.
J: My scarf. It's cool.


Me: Do you think knitting is an expensive hobby?
J: Ah, no (in a the distance a little voice says, "Yes! Yea it is, I told Mommy that")

Me: Do you have any hobbies?
J: Do I have any hobbies? I don't know if I have any hobbies. Do I have any hobbies? I like to ride my bike and I like to travel.

Me: What's your favorite style of dance?
J: I do not have one.

Me: Does it embarrass you if I knit in public?
J: Only if you are naked, so I guess the answer is no.

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?
J: Noro. Is that the right answer?
Me: I don't really have one.

Me: Can you name another knitting blog?
J: Aaaaa, yes.
Me: What is it?
J: The Yarn Harlot.

Me: Do you mind it when I go to yarn stores?
J: The operating word is when YOU go to yarn stores. I don't like to go shopping. So as long as it is just you going I don't mind, as long as you don't come out with bags and bags and bags.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?
J: Yes
Me: What is it?
L: You can feel and see what the fabric is before you invest in it.

Me: Do you read my blog?
L: No

Me: Is there anything in particular you'd like me to knit?
L: Ahhhhh, not really.

Me: Anything else you'd like to add?
J: I'd like to know what the average knitter spends on yarn in a month--and what do you all have against the poor sheep you are cutting the fleece off of.
Me: We love the sheep.
J: Talking to the sheep "You're such a nice sheep" makes buzzing noise.

No comments: