Not much knitting this week--well there was knitting, but not anything I will keep.
I was working on this hat for a swap. I was using a back and forth pattern for a garter stitch hat. I substituted two strand of fingering weight for something between a dk and worsted weight. Was it the pattern, the yarn, or me? Who knows, but this hat would not fit a doll--I did the top, but not the brim, all the while trying to convince myself that it would be stretchy and it might still fit a human. So I ran out yesterday and picked up some Cascade 220 and will try a similar pattern, but in the round (and not garter stitch).
Then these socks. They were going to be monkey socks, with a picot top. The colors are not working for me. I think they will be better as a plainer sock. Off those go.
I've started my hat/gauge swatch for my fair isle sweater--but there is not much to show--I haven't started the color work yet. Maybe tonight.
I almost forgot to mention that my LYS not only had Cascade 220, but also a nice supply of Noro Kureyon sock yarn. The wool fumes overcame me and I bought some. I haven't taken a picture yet, but the yarn has some lovely fall colors.