Friday, May 15, 2009

What's blooming this week, mid-May 2009

Here is an effort to bring more frequent posts, with pictures of pretty (or interesting) flowers/plants and the latest yarn acquisitions. I have a whole bunch of new yarn--but I haven't photographed it all yet, so I will spread out the yarn over the next few posts.

First, in the yard, the rhodies are blooming and looking lovely, even though the deer ate a good chunk of them over the winter.


The peony is starting to unfurl. I wonder if I will get any flowers this year?

And for yarn.
I bought this lovely skein in Newburyport.

Itata Solid
by Araucania
Fingering / 4 ply Wool, Silk, Bamboo

And this was prize from a contest I entered--so pretty I had to put it on display. Maybe I will keep this basket out as a rotating display of my yarn collection--hmmmm?

Happy Feet
by Plymouth Yarn
Fingering / 4 ply Nylon, Merino

No comments: