Friday, May 22, 2009

What's blooming this week, Memorial Day weekend

My poor azaleas have some flowers.

A shrub with flowers I always look forward to--no idea what it is.
My first columbine of the season.
Waiting for my poppies!! So far I count 15 potential flowers! I wonder if they will open this weekend!

And here is some yarn.

Three cones of Alpaca Silk lace from Webs--could not resist the sale, and I have been wanting some of this. It is a great value even at the regular price.

Also on sale, I picked up enough Peruvia to make a Tilted Duster.

And from the NH Sheep and Wool festival, some lovely 100% Tencel, in a fingering weight. Just enough to make a scarflet of some sort.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I think your white bush might be spirea (bridal wreath). According to one blogger, it always blooms on Memorial Weekend.

http://gardenblog.projo.com/2008/05/memorial-days-f.html

cath said...

That must be it--thanks!