Friday, February 27, 2009

Fair Isle closure

I have been keeping my Fair Isle cardigan closed with a lovely cameo my sister gave me--but it wasn't quite right. I have been looking for some type of closure for this cardigan since September. My friend Mary posted a cardigan with some lovely buttons. When I commented on the buttons she told me she got them at Black Water Abbey. I went over to take a look and I found they had some lovely buttons. They also had some clasps that I think will work well with the sweater.


I found the customer service to be great (soon after placing the order I received an e-mail letting me know that the owner was at a trade show, and she would process the order when she returned, she then let me know when the order was shipped). And I really like the clasps. Here is what it will look like when I get around to sewing them on.

No comments: