Saturday, March 15, 2008

Tops and Pots


I got my package! I got my package! I received my package today from my swap partner for the Tops and Pots swap!!! Included was not one but FOUR hats and not one but FOUR recipes. She and her family had been sick with a yucky stomach bug, so she wasn’t able to send by the deadline, but she more than made up by sending an awesome package.

Included was a calorimetry made from blue sky alpaca silk, an earflap hat made from lamb’s pride bulky, a rosie the riveter made from cleckheaton country silk and a lacy flowery hat (my fav I think–but they are all excellent!) made from nashua handknits creative focus chunky. Included was lots of yummy dark chocolate–can’t wait to try the Dagoba with lavender, a whole bunch of postcards, the book Folk Hats–some crazy :) patterns in there, and two local newspapers–one from the town and one from the university that she attends.

I thought I would be saving my swap hat until next year--but it is SNOWING here today, so I guess there is still plenty of time to use the hats.

My various projects are coming along. I'm about halfway done with the second sleeve for the fair isle cardigan. I've got a few inches done on my jaywalker socks--would you have guessed by looking at the ball that the sock would be mostly purple? Crazy Noro. The Noro is NOT super fun to knit with. I hope the look of the sock will be worth it.

No comments: