Monday, November 16, 2009

Interweave

Not much blogging recently--though I have been knitting and I do have some FOs to post--just don't have the time (or the photos to do it at the moment).

On a bit of a rant. . .
I opened up my Knitting Daily just now to find that they are trying to sell me another magazine (hey, I thought only Tues and Thurs were for useless advertising). This one is Interweave accessories. Well I bought the Weekend issue (as a impulse), and found nothing jumping out at me and this weekend I bought the Holiday issue, and found nothing exciting. Damned if I will be buying the accessory issue, unless I see a whole bunch of good stuff in there.

They still get my money--I still subscribe, and clearly I've been buying these extra issues, but I'm feeling let down. I know their job is to make enough money to keep things going, pay the bills, etc. But I'm just not feeling the Interweave vibe.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I'm right there with you. Except I didn't renew my subscription. There were just too many issues where I only liked one or two things. Did you see the Winter 2009 preview they posted today? This is the first issue in awhile that I actually like a number of patterns. Guess I should try to find where to buy one! Now to find the time to knit anything larger than a sweater for a 1 year old...