Friday, January 2, 2009

2009

Most of my free (ha ha) time for 2009 will be dedicated to completing my thesis--at least through June. Until then I plan to work on projects as stress relief. These include my current project, the Circles Yoke Sweater, and a new blankie to match the couch we got last year. Throw in some socks too--for portability.

I don't think I will be able to start any serious fibery learning until the summer--but I did decide what it will be.

I think 2009 is the year that I finally face the hook. The darn thing baffles me. All I can manage is a chain or a provisional cast-on. I even took a book out from the library a few months ago. Pages and pages, and I could only find one page that gave how-to info (and this was a learn to crochet book)--and it may as well have been written in hieroglyphics.

I think some time this summer I will either need to sign up for a class, or schedule some time with my friend Chrissie for some instruction on how to crochet. I'm tired of clicking a link on ravelry only to be disappointed that the pattern is crochet.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: