Sunday, November 2, 2008

Magic Ball

I hope everyone had a fun Halloween.Yesterday I received my magic ball swap package. Wrapped around some lovely Blue Heron yarn, that I will be using to make a scarf and sending back to my partner, was a whole bunch of fun stuff.
Here is the ball.
And here it is unwrapped.

We were supposed to include items that represented out area/region, and my partner did a great job. As you can see, the Swallowtail Shawl pattern was included–the swallowtail is the official insect and butterfly of Virginia! I received some Bay Lime soap-smells yummy. Unicorn Fiber Wash, and Rinse (I’ve never used this type before). Some very pretty stitch markers made by a friend. DARK CHOCOLATE (yummy). A package of lemon ginger tea (more yum). A postcard of the Shenandoah Valley in Autumn. A pretty note book to keep in my knitting bag. Two nickels :) on one side is Thomas Jefferson, famous Virginian and on the other side his home, Monticello, a must visit if you are in the state of Virginia. And deep in the center of the ball–a skein of Blue Ridge Yarn hand dyed in Virginia.

I have two scarf patterns in mind for this yarn. I need to start swatching to see which would work best.

I have time to work on the scarf because my Hanami is done!! Yes, I bound off yesterday morning. Now I need to block it. I think I really need blocking wires to do the job right. There are some local welding shops that I think may have what I need. If that doesn't work out, then I will order a kit from Knit Picks--but I really don't need a yard stick, or pins, so I hope I can get what I need locally. I'm not going to list it as an FO until it is blocked--I want to post a pretty picture of it.

No comments: