Tuesday, July 22, 2008

From the stash of the Harlot (and other mail)

Mondays are my long day. I try to leave the house by 7am and work from 8am-4pm. Then from 4:30 to ~7pm I work on my thesis. Then as a reward, I meet up with my knitting pals for some quality chat, show and tell and knit encouragement time (but often not much quality knit time--too much chitchat=mistakes). I usually get home between 9:30 and 10pm.

I get periodic updates from home on Monday, to make sure things are in order. One of the phone calls I got this Monday was to inform me that some packages had arrived. Packages!! I was expecting one of them--the prize I won from my donation to Claudia. Is it from Canada I asked?? Yes!! So I knew some Socks That Rock were waiting for me when I got home. I didn't get much info about the other package--my other line started ringing, darn clients calling with questions. So that had to wait.

I got home to find this:


Socks that Rock in the color Cockamamie (gotta love the name), and some yummy chocolate.

The other package was a thank you card from Destiknit. A whole bunch of us knit squares for a baby blanket (we are still waiting on news of the impending baby). Inside was a lovely card with the sweetest angel stitch marker. I'll be thinking of her and the baby (and the whole Monthly Adventures gang) when I use it.

All in all, a nice day, with some nice mail.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awesome socks that rock. That colorway is gorgeous!