Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Kali Chronia

Warm wishes to all for 2008.

Thought you might like to see who was taking a nap under my tree on New Year's Day.
Can you see the ginger furball?

On to knitting. I spent Saturday night knitting for myself--Monkey socks! I see why everyone loves them. They are super fun to knit. Now to share a bit of my stupidity.

I was half watching a movie while starting these. I'm not much of a chart follower, but I want to change that. So I used the chart and it made sense. Hurray.

After two pattern repeats I took a good look at the pattern. Hmmm, funny, those K2tog really should have been SSK on that side to make the pattern look good. Guess what? They were meant to be SSK--but silly me just wasn't paying attention. Rip, rip, rip 20 rows, back to first row after the ribbing. It would have bothered me to leave them as they were. And the socks are for me afterall.

So here they are now.

I've turned the heel and I'm working on the gusset.

My only modification so far was to use an eye of patridge heel. I thought it would look nice with this yarn, and I like the way it turned out.


No comments: