Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Cricket

There has been some knitting here, but today I will be posting about another fibery interest of mine. Back in August I purchased a Cricket Loom at the Fiber Revival, from Loom with a View.

It took me months to find the time to put it together (assembly time less than 30 minutes), and then months again to get my act together to get a warp on (um, more than 30 minutes, because I need to watch the YouTube videos over and over because I must understand before I do), but we finally got a project going, and finished very quickly.

IMG_3790

It is just a little blanket for Stitch.

IMG_3807

It has all sorts of errors, mostly due to my tension issues putting on the warp, and the pattern and how that affected the tension on the apron--but it was a lot of fun, and I'm trying to find the time to get another warp on for a real project. This time a scarf, using Silky Wool. I had planned on using the yarn to make a scarf in linen stitch--but since I have the loom now, I might as well weave it. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

<3 X bazillion!
love the pic with your ds and stitch - too cute! love that you've taken that step (one i want to take but dont see doing it in any near future)
love the finished project
wtg!