Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Soft and Fluffy

My niece turned two this past weekend. Some time last week I decided that I really should knit her something. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. I thought about a baby surprise jacket, but worried about the sizing.

I have been helping a coworker with a top down raglan and I thought I could work out a sweater/dress with some soft and fluffy bulky yarn I've had waiting for me to make a sweater. I finally decided the sweater for me, with this yarn, would not be happening.

So I made the little sweater--and I think it is too big. I tried it on my 5 year old. It fits him around, but it is too short. So, if the bulky, slouchy, pseudo 80s styles I've seen around are really going to happen, she just might be the trendiest 2 year old around.

I finally got around to weaving in the ends and washing it. Now I just need to get myself to the post office.

Size 26 inch chest
Yarn Patons Divine
Needle US 10½ / 6.5 mm

No comments: